I left my law practice and moved my family to Florida to pursue a dream of sharing my passion for Disney with others. This is my story.
I was among the first to experience Walt Disney World in November, 1971. Today, I makes a career as a Disney author, host, publisher, historian, speaker and trusted Disney expert and creates unique content via a variety of multimedia outlets. A former attorney and owner of an IT consulting firm in New Jersey, I left the practice of law and company to move with his family to Florida, pursue my passion, and follow a dream of sharing my love for Disney with others.
Beginning in 2003, I launched his first Disney web site, and had my first two Walt Disney World Trivia Books published. I started podcasting in early 2005 and has been awarded Best Travel Podcast for 9 consecutive years.
In 2015, my WDW Radio show was ranked the #2 overall podcast in iTunes!
I have expanded my offerings to include a continuing series of Audio Guides to Walt Disney World, as well as videos, events, and live broadcasts for WDWRadio.com. I wrote and self-published my “102 Ways to Save Money For and At Walt Disney World” book.
In 2004, I founded the Dream Team Project to help grant the wishes children with serious illnesses to visit Walt Disney World through the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America, and thanks to the incredible efforts and generosity of others, collectively we have raised more than $250,000.00 to date.
As a social media pioneer and influencer, I connect with my loyal audiences (I prefer “friends”) via a variety of online social networks, and I also host monthly meet-ups in Walt Disney World and around the country. As one of the leading authorities on Disney, podcasting and new media, I am frequently interviewed by the media for expert perspective and analysis. I have been featured in USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Boston.com, VentureBeat, Bloomberg Business, WPIX 11 TV New York, CBS 46 News Atlanta, AOL.com, Parenting Magazine, Readers’ Digest, Fodors, Robert Scoble and numerous others.
I have recently been named as one of the:
- Top 40 Social Media Influencers – “Lou Mongello… has a personality that attracts fans proud to reveal their lighter side… these social media influencers convince us all that work should never be dull.”
- Top 100 Digital Marketing Experts – “These are the people who are generally known as the “Influencers” on Digital Media Platforms. They are the ones who are thought leaders and opinion makers. They are known to be ahead of the game.
- Top 50 Social Media Influencers – “This guy is a true Disney aficionado! His podcast is one of the most popular and he has raving fans who listen to every episode. I was able to see this first-hand when he and I spent a day at the Magic Kingdom recently, and multiple people came up to him with stars in their eyes to get their picture with him.” – Joel Comm
- Top 50 Social Media Experts – “It all started when Lou Mongello first experienced Walt Disney World during its grand opening in October of 1971. In the decades since, Mongello has attended the park hundreds of times and makes his career as a Disney author, publisher, historian, and trusted source. Why is he on the social media list? Mongello’s Podcast has been awarded Best Travel Podcast 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.”
I am a widely-recognized expert on Disney, and a featured speaker who shares with businesses, associations and schools the magic of Disney and/or the power of social media. Click here to book me to speak at your event or school, or contact me about helping you turn YOUR passion into your profession.
I also share “Disney magic” in schools by bringing Disney into the classroom, and am a youth motivational speaker who presents a variety of engaging, thought-provoking, and entertaining assembly programs designed show students how to create an exciting future by following their dreams and passions. Click here to learn more.
Some recent interviews include:
- Social Media Examiner
- Bloomberg TV
- The Coachzing Show
- Podcast Junkies – You Can’t Fake It In Podcasting
- How to Get Things Done
- Agents of Change – Getting Started with Facebook Live
- Rise of the Entrepreneur
- The One-Way Ticket Show
- Launching Creative
- How to Turn Your Passion Into Your Career
- Become a Blogger – How to Build a Community Around Your Blog
- Prolific Living – Lessons from an Ex-Lawyer
- Coffee with Kenobi
- Savings Angel